Cd drive won't burn or rip

Closed
waditah - Nov 12, 2009 at 06:04 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 13, 2009 at 03:49 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this site and I hope you smart folks can help or at least advise me to the best solution. I built my computer about a year ago. Everything I used was new. My cd drive worked for a while, I'd say 7-8 months. Then one day I wanted to burn a music cd, and nothing would happen. It was if i did nothing. It kept wanting me to put in a blank cd, but I already had. I've since tried to rip a music cd into my computer and it wouldn't do that either. However, and here is the strange part, I can play games from a disc, I can even install programs from a disc, I just can't do ANYTHING with a music disc. I tried multiple programs for media thinking that maybe my itunes was "wiggy" but everyone that i tried did the same thing. I had done some reading on this site about the thread of logging on and being logged off before getting to the desktop, and PRBatman seems to know his stuff and something he said made me start thinking that maybe its more of a file corruption that a hardware issue. On a side note, and this is what led me to this thought of file corruption, what is i386, and what does it have to do with?

Thanks for whatever help you can give me!!!!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2009 at 03:49 AM
Dear Waditah,

The solution to this particular problem might be Updating your CD/DVD burner driver.

Please have more information and details upon the matter at the following address:

Updating Your CD DVD Burner Driver

Hope that the information provided solves the matter.

Thanks.