How to change from vista to XP

Closed
nancy - Nov 13, 2009 at 08:11 AM
kamli4u Posts 46 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 - Nov 15, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Hello,
i hav windows vista with my laptop it is HP pavilion DV6000 and i am not satisfied with it and i want to change to XP but when ever i go in setup it says that no HARDISK IS INSERTED to install the XP .i think my hardisk is lock n some configuration problem to kindly plz help me how to change to XP
Related:

2 responses

Hello Nanacy,

Vista is a good and nice windows operating system. I believe that Microsoft has made so many simplification in the Vista that it because so complicated and unpleasant to the users. This has made the windows users stay on Windows XP which does not make Microsoft so happy. To make as many windows users as possible to shift from XP to Vista they have designed the new laptops not to accept Windows XP. Your HP Pavilion DV6000 is one of those many laptops that does not accept Windows XP any more. I recently went with a friend to help buy a laptop and he choose HP pavilion but don't remember the model. I found that that laptop is running Vista and can not be reformatted to Windows XP. I suggest you try to install XP Office, if you are not comfortable with the Office 2007.
kamli4u Posts 46 Registration date Wednesday November 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2011 20
Nov 15, 2009 at 11:41 PM
dear

Option 1: Remove Devices and Reset BIOS Defaults

Remove all external devices and media. Be sure to check the optical drive, flash memory slot and the floppy drive (if available).
Restart the computer by holding down the Power button for 5 seconds. Then release the Power button and press it again briefly to turn the computer on.
When the power light turns on, press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the system BIOS menu.
Press the F9 key to reset the BIOS defaults. Then Press the F10 Key to save the changes and restart the computer. Press the Enter key when prompted to save the changes.

If after performing steps 1-4 Windows does not startup properly, then the hard drive needs to be tested using the following steps.
Option 2: Test the Hard Drive
Use the steps below to test the hard drive in a Notebook PC using the HP Hard Drive Self Test.

Plug the AC Adapter into the Notebook PC.
Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC.
Press and hold the F10 key. Then Press the Power button to turn on the PC releasing the F10 key after text is displayed on the screen of the PC.
After the BIOS Setup Utility is displayed, use the Right Arrow key to select the Tools menu.
Select Hard Drive Self Test
Press the Enter key to start the test.

The Hard Drive Self Test will provide an Estimated test time . A Quick test a Comprehensive test and a SMART test will execute when the Enter key is pressed.

if not work then tell me.