Internet Connection problem linksys WRT54GC

Closed
Marjan - Nov 15, 2009 at 05:25 PM
 Marjan - Nov 16, 2009 at 01:09 AM
Hello,

I used Web-based Utility to change the Internet Connection Type of my new linksys wireless router WRT54GC to HTCP, but my defoult protocol is PPPoE. How to change the Internet Connection Type back to PPPoE without of possibility to use Internet connection. Using CD install software it stops because of TCP/IP setting problem.

Thanks

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 15, 2009 at 06:39 PM
You can use the "reset hole" in the back of the router to reset it to factory defaults.

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router. (Wait 5 Minutes)
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Linksys default user name is "admin" (with no quotes), and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. You can change your settings there.

10) connect the modem to the router

Good Luck
Thanks, I am going to try this afternoon and I hope it will work.

Best Regards, Marjan Pohl