Annoying problem...internet or computer???

Closed
chippy - 14 Dec 2009 à 16:30
 chippy - 15 Dec 2009 à 06:25
Hello,

I recently bought a new laptop and within 2 weeks I upgraded it to Windows 7.
Ever since I switched to Windows 7, my internet seems to have become really bad.

Every now and then firefox just refuses to load the pages that I want and I have to restart the laptop for it to start loading pages.

However, recently the internet seems to just take forever to load...it goes onto limited connection often and the download speed is dreadful!! I am currently trying to download the iTunes setup and it says it is going to take 1 hour and 25 minutes to download (15KB/sec)...whilst I'm right next to the wireless router.

The other laptop in my house seems to be working perfectly.

Please help!!
Thanks
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday 23 May 2009 Status Contributor Last seen 20 October 2010 183
14 Dec 2009 à 16:35
have you tried connecting direct to router to rule out win 7. if you get better connections etc when connected direct, then it's probable you have a wireless issue.
sorry...its not a router...its a home hub so i don't think i can connect to it...can i???

thing is...this is just happening on my laptop...even youtube seems to be taking forever to download