Computer won't load Amazon or Pay pal [Solved/Closed]

Mary - Sep 2, 2008 at 11:51 AM - Latest reply:  rufus
- Aug 10, 2014 at 01:33 PM
Hello,
I have windows XP and I have never been able to look at www.Amazon.com or enter into pay pals site. I get a screen that pops up Internet Explorer cannot display the web page. SSL and TLS are enabled. Under advanced privacy settings, I have tried overiding automatic cookie handling and NO LUCK. I also have a lop top with VISTA, no problems with either site on that.
Sure would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Mary
See more 

6 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I love when u type a problem into google and u find a page asking the exact same question u were...would be better if der ws a solution tho...

Ya I hav the same problem Amazon and paypal dont work. Everything else works fine. Anyone got a solution?

Thank you, chris 5

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1833 users this month

Thank you
Allright, after weeks of searching or a solution I found this video. it worked for me, give it a try...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwL2r9kd180

Chris
thanks for that it worked
Hi chris. Went through the procedure but at end won't let me "save as", and replace previous version. (Also tried simply to "save" but that won't work either.

Error message: Cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct.
This video is unavailable for viewing on youtube
Thank you
Thank you for that Link! I've been searching all over for help! It helped a ton!