Blue screen, why?

Closed
uashes Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2010 - Jan 3, 2010 at 06:21 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 4, 2010 at 07:17 PM
Hello,
I have had my laptop for about 6 months and i have had no troubles with it at all until now.
I will be on my laptop and for no apparent reason it will shut down. it DOES go into the blue screen first and says dumping all memory to disc and than restarts.
this happens usually after i've been on the laptop for at least an hour although on occasion it will happen not too long after i log in.
i want to avoid formating my laptop at all costs.
i haven't had the chance to take it into a shop so i am still just trying to find out if i can fix it myself. i don't think it's overheating but i am not too sure, i have tried opening up my laptop to look inside but the whole bottom side of my laptop is covered by one piece so there is no seperate piece for my fan area.
but hey, like i said it might not be the fan.
i really just don't know what to do so if you have ANY idea of what might be causing this and how to fix it, i would greatly appreciate it.

Toshiba laptop
model: satellite A505
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
4GB ram
64-bit operating system

---------------------what the note says after the shutdowns------------------
Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini072909-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8005F1F1B0
BCP3: FFFFFA8005C9F9F0
BCP4: FFFFFA800654BC60
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
information: 3acb4fcb-be5c-42d9-a446-2bb8ec83b124

once again, any help is apprecited
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 4, 2010 at 07:17 PM
Disable Automatic Reboot on Error
If you are suffering from the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) the PC stops due to the stop error and then, in default configuration, automatically reboots.

Chances are good that you want to know what is going wrong and how to fix the stop errors. Well, you can't just say "It's rebooting, what's wrong." With that little bit of information no one will be able to help you fix it. Instead we need to know the "stop error" and the exact wording for the reason that it stopped so that we can diagnose the problem. Then, and only then, will we have enough information to help solve your problem.

Older operating systems used to do it nicely and just plain stop... Now? Now it reboots for you because that is generally easier than it is to worry about the problem. Let's stop that shall we? It would make it easier for all of us if we could know the exact error message after all...

Click the Start button
Click Run...
Type sysdm.cpl
Click OK
In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab
In the Startup and Recovery area click the Settings button
In the Startup and Recovery window UNcheck "Automatically Restart" (in the System Failure area)
Click OK and then click OK again
Then when the PC crashes, make note of the stop error and related information