Intel D845 GVSR
2.4 Ghz
40 GB Hard Disc
512 MB Ram.
CD Writer.
LG 14" CRT Monitor
BIOS MANUFACTURER: INTEL CORPORATION.
BIOS RELESASE DATE: 16/02/2004

I plan to upgrade RAM and Hard Disc for my Computer. I plan to go for 2GB RAM and 320 GB Hard disc.
Iam not sure wheather my board supports it. Please tell me can i go for it, or give me a solutions. and also i would like to know the maximum capacity of the ram & HDD suits the board.

IDE DETAILS
Ultra ATA100/66: Enables fast IDE interface for
transfers to storage devices

BIOS DETAILS
4-Mb Flash EEPROM with IntelĀ®/AMI* BIOS featuring
Plug and Play, IDE drive auto-configure
Advanced configuration and power interface V1.0b,
DMI 2.0, multi-lingual support

Configuration: Windows XP SP2
Internet Explorer 7.0
Read more
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 5, 2010 at 12:07 PM
hi there,

you can add up to 320 gb hard drive

and for memory ,cpuz will help you on maximum that can be added

download it from link below:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Thanks
You state that the maximum size hard drive is 320 GB for this motherboard.... where did you get that data?

Also, does this apply to drives connected to both the IDE controller AND external drives connected to USB?

I have a 1TB external drive, and it locks up when connected at the "Auto-detecting USB Mass Storage Devices" portion of the startup screen. It was a known issue that was supposed to be fixed with a BIOS update (P14 I think) but I updated it to the latest (P20) and it still is an issue.

I have to disconnect the external drive to reboot the PC. Quite a pain.

Mark
disable usb from boot order.
(problem)having problem with mass storage freezing system on boot? i had same problem with usb flash,(solution) fixed it by disabling usb from boot order. (reason)it will try to boot from the external drive.
however your upgrading does not be very muchly useful until you change the processor for atleast a C2D and you must have a PCI express VGA card like GT9500 for a graphics quality, so upgrading a PC with old processor and motherboard is a wastage