Secondary monitor shuts off when laptop close [Solved/Closed]

asessio - Jan 8, 2010 at 08:49 PM - Latest reply:  dk
- Apr 13, 2018 at 04:42 PM
Hello,
I have a new dell Inspiron laptop. I purchased a Keningston docking station. Everything works fine if my laptop lid is open, but if I close the laptop lid, I lose the display on the monitor attached to the docking station. How can I close the laptop and keep the display on the monitor showing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
See more 

25 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Goto control panel power options on close the lid link on the left select do nothing on each of the option battery or plugged in........take passwork protection off.....apply settings......and then close your laptop wait 10 seconds and move your mouse around. took me 2 hours to wait ten seconds....you guys are getting off easier than I did....

Thank you, gavinemb 208

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1881 users this month

Thanks dude! Well worth the ten second wait!
Appreciate the advice.
Thank you
On, HP Mini 110-1100, the display on the monitor turns off when laptop lid is closed even with 'Do nothing' selected for 'When I close the lid' regardless of whether the laptop is plugged in or not.
Thank you
Go to control panel
choose hardware and sound
now choose power options
click on the link what closing the lid does
now at when I close the LID choose the option do nothing for both battery and plugged in
Thanks! This was a very helpful addition to the original comment as I am computer illiterate and did not know where in the control panel to go.
THank YOU!!!!
OMG!!! That was the easiest thing in the world to do. Thanks!
Exactly what I needed to know! Thanks!
Thank you
Thank you, that worked 'gavinemb' but I am wondering if I put back on the password protection will it do the same?