Connecting an external monitor to my Acer

Solved/Closed
Rar - Sep 1, 2009 at 09:16 AM
 MM - May 3, 2013 at 09:54 PM
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook and I want to connect my HP w220H2 monitor to it. How do I do that?

4 replies

Blocked Profile
Sep 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM
hi there,

Connect the monitor to the

laptop's 15-pin video connection on the back of the computer

Once connected, your laptop may automatically switch

to the new external display or you may be required to press

a sequence of keys in order to switch from the laptop to the external display

For example, often either Fn + F3, Fn + F5, Fn + F8, or Fn + F9

is pressed to switch between alternate displays

depends on the model

Thanks
That's not the case as suggested by the previous reply. Sometimes I just wish people would not provide advice unless they really know what their talking. That general answer does not apply to the Acer One. If you do a search on the topic you will find out that it is not as easy as the previous person suggested. By far, it is not. And unfortunately I am in the same boat trying to find the right answer how to connest the Acer One netbook to an external monitor.
justthetruth > Auggy
Feb 4, 2010 at 08:32 PM
...actually, his info is relevant and true. You plug in the monitor and hit fn + f5. if you want to extend the desktop, then go into display properties. He gave the solution, but you were T.S.T.O.
malin > Auggy
Mar 1, 2010 at 05:13 PM
he was right. fn+f5 worked.
dasuperrnc > Auggy
Mar 6, 2010 at 09:52 AM
Actually the poster was right , the one you bloody well smeared. Probably you have the problem, because you don't know what your doing, so hopefully this will help.

I have a Acer Netbook aoa 150 and it works with my Vizio 19 inch TV using correct VGA cable. Then for XP You have to go into display and then go to advance and go to your graphics card accelerator and add extended display for both monitor and lap, and then after you change that you hit ctrl + alt +F1 or FN + F6. What ever hotkeys changes your monitor.

**YOUR DISPLAY MUST BE ON EXTENDED TO USE BOTH EXTERNAL AND ORIGINAL MONITOR.
JOSIE > Auggy
Mar 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Fn + F5 worked fine.....dont know why you said it wasn't!