Ipod syncing

Closed
Jods - Jan 18, 2010 at 06:48 AM
 luka - Feb 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Hello,
I have had my ipod and itunes for quite some time now and i have recently bought a new laptop, i lost the majority of my music when i transferred my itunes from an old laptop to this new one and have spent the last couple of weeks redownloading.
When it comes to syncing the new music to the ipod it does not transfer, it is just keeping the old 1017 songs on and my old playlists and not syncing the new 863 songs i've redownloaded.
I'd really appreciate someones help on this, is it because i havent registered the ipods number on the new laptop ? its really frustrating

thank you

1 response

Jods,

have you made sure to set the iPod to sync in iTunes? Try clicking on it's icon in iTunes, go to Music and click on Sync Music. Apply, and try syncing again. Also, make sure to have all the songs "ticked/selected" in iTunes. If they aren't iTunes will most probably not transfer them to your iPod.

If the above fails, try giving a shot at a free alternative iPod managers such as CopyTransManager - https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/
Last time I checked there was also a way to get Winamp to see the iPod and send music to your iPod. It's not it's main feature so it might not work at all. Your call.

lK