Unable to send email from iphone mail.com [Solved/Closed]

- - Latest reply:  Phonecoach - Feb 25, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Hello, thanks to everyone's previous advice about setting up mail.com on my iphone. I am now receiving emails but unable to send email. I know the email addresses are correct but I am getting the 'sender email address invalid' error message.

Can anyone help? I have read many blogs and tried everything but I can't get it to work!

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
See more 

5 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I had the same problem, indicating that the SMPT server needed a password. This is new on OS 3 on the iPhone. Although I could still retrieve emails, when I checked the iPhone outbox, there was a message that hadn't been sent. If you go to the iPhone email settings, select the account and then scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server settings, click on the SMPT settings, then on the primary SMPT server, you will see that there is a field for password, that most likely is not set. Just click on the password field and enter your SMPT password and this should solve your problem. It worked for me.

Thank you, sunnyind 170

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM has helped 2482 users this month

Here you go-) http://help.mail.com/emails.html#iPhone
Easiest way is to delete your excisting account and re start using the new setting!
It worked!! HUGE thank you!!!
Thank you soo much!!
thanks SO much!
Thank you
The below settings work as of 5/21/10

------------------

Mail.com / AOL tend to use IMAP for security purposes. Here are the settings I was able to use.

IMAP ACCOUNT

Incoming
Server: pop.mail.com
Username: Full Email address

Outgoing
Server: smtp.mail.com
Port: 587
Username: Full email address
2/27/2011

My mail.com account using iPad was acting up for the past few days so I deleted it and this time I went straight to the AOL option and it worked. The AOL option did not work previously since I have one of those custom mail.com addresses.
Thank you
Still not working for me! Any other suggestion how to send emails while using mail.com account via iPhone 3G. Adding the mail.com account through AOL doesn't seem to be difficult at all and I can receive any emails, however unfortunately I can't send emails and I've tried every single advice from above. Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Thank you
Hi Jeff / Franky,

Use imap.aol.com for incoming mail.

Your mobile phone service provider should be able to provide you with their SMTP details for outgoing mail.

Regards,

Lachlan
Thank you
don't log in to mail.com, log in to -

"www.mail.aol.com"

works for me
Mail.com setup
Host imap.aol.com
Username email address
SMTP smtp.aol.com