Linksys WMP54G

Closed
mondon - Oct 3, 2008 at 03:08 PM
 xpcman - Oct 4, 2008 at 08:32 PM
Hello,
I got a Wireless WMP54G , on vista 64 bit , with a wireelss router WBR 2310 ! we got 2 computers on the network , first is connected directly thru the router ... with a wire.. and mine.. downstair.. on wireless . But we keep loosing our signal .. its only for a minute . and it comes but right after... but its so ennoying !!!! its like when we ask for too much upload or download.. router ressetting or dont know.. its not my modem tho... its either my router or my wireless card... can someone help me.... is the router or my wireless card not compatible with vista 64 bit ??? ....

1 response

You may have interference or a weak signal. Do you have a wireless phone using the same frequency band? You can change the xmit channel on the router - this may fix the problem. Try using the laptop in the same room to test if it's a signal strength problem. If it's an old house with plaster walls you can have signal problems. Try to place the router at max distance from the downstairs computer and without any metal between it and your laptop. You could try a replacement antenna for the router (that helped in my case).