Always seeing hidden files? How to fix it?

Solved/Closed
Zenius - Oct 3, 2008 at 09:26 PM
 matthaw - Mar 27, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Hello,

Okay, so what happened was a fellow classmate asked me to copy a lecture onto her memory stick. When I did found a W32.SillyFDC. It was detected and removed shortly after. Afterwards though, something weird happened. I had to restart my computer in order for the removal to take effect. After I restarted it I found two "hidden" files on my desktop. They were hidden, they were supposed to be hidden, but they were clearly visible. I browsed through my Windows folder and loaded a few word documents and the temp files were visible, a whole bunch of files and folders that were NOT supposed to be able to be seen, were visible and still "hidden"! Is there any way to fix this without reformatting my laptop? It's starting to get really annoying seeing all of these "hidden" files. I also ran a full system scan of my whole computer and it hasn't found any problems at all.

2 responses

tinytino Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009
Oct 4, 2008 at 05:35 AM
hello buddy,

you can change that in the folder options in the view tab. but antway if it doesnt work and that you encount still problem like that then I would advise you to get a software called superantispyware from www.superantispyware.com
you first go search on the my computors file make sure your on you disk file then you see and little dog itll say question clik on what size and clik on medium and then it says show hidden file. Clik on dat on youll see ile delete them and there you got no hidden files on your memory stick.
thank you