The folder itunes cannot be found or created

Closed
cbreen - Mar 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM
 cj - Mar 26, 2010 at 09:16 PM
Hello,
I recently moved all my music from one external hard drive to another. When I unplug the old hard drive the itunes wont load and a warning says the folder itunes cannot be found or created. I have changed the itunes to find the music in the new folder and have done this in the past without these problems.
Any HELP? any suggestions??????????????
Related:

1 response

I have a similar error. I read on another board this evening to hold down the shift key while clicking on the icon to open iTunes (some say it only works with the quick launch icon in the bottom of the screen). Apparently, if you do this, it will give you the option to create the file. According to one user, you may need to hold the shift key and click a few times for up to 8 seconds. I have not tried this, but will try it at work tomorrow. Another user had a suggestion to edit the registry in two places to both point to the proper My Music location, but I was not giving myself good odds of success with this technique. It worked for some, but many more people posted that the shift and click trick worked for them. Good luck!