No Sound

Closed
Ronnie - Mar 16, 2010 at 08:23 AM
 Ronnie - Mar 17, 2010 at 07:00 AM
Hello,

I have a new ACER Aspire connected to my 1080p LCD Samsung, this connection was made using a HDMI cable directly into the TV....I have everything working except for the sound. I would imagine that the sound should come directly out of the tv since it is a simple HDMI connection. The fact that it isn't makes me think it is a settings issue.

Any sugguestions would be great...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 16, 2010 at 04:00 PM
To use the HDMI cable you must enable the sound support on the video card. This is normally done in the video card support screen in "Control Panel". I can't confirm that your laptop has the required hardware to support sound via the HDMI cable. You should contact ACER for this information.

Good Luck
Appreciate the info. I got the Acer AspireRevo from Best Buy for basically music, pictures, light internet browsing and light micrsoft office applications. It was fairly cheap and i played with the speaker settings -> under control panel yesterday. There is an option to play sound through the monitor speakers which in this case would be the HDTV speakers so I picked that and restared and still no sound.

As Far as the video card, under the product features on the best buy page (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+AspireRevo+Nettop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Atom%26%23153%3B+Processor/9535434.p?id=1218120545008&skuId=9535434 it says that it comes with

NVIDIA ION LE graphics: For lush images with stunning detail. HDMI port for connecting the desktop to an HDTV. High-definition audio support.

So this leads me to believe that it should have everything necessary to play the audio through the TV or the surround sound for that matter......Any further thoughts?