Remote desktop connection won't work

Solved/Closed
someone - Oct 12, 2008 at 07:30 AM
 Harsh Vyas - Oct 26, 2017 at 04:35 AM
Hello,i'm trying to connect to my other computer by remote desktop connection from my laptop. my other computer has windows xp media center addition and my laptop has windows vista home basic addition.i can view my other computer's shared files by typing "\\(and the comutername)" on to the adress bar thing. so I definatly have a network. but if I type computer name on remote desktop connection it won't work! help please!
:(
Related:

29 responses

on google type in remote desktop hacks and click the link at Missing remote.com, and then download the file and follow the directions. I'm still having trouble with the cmd part, but you'll figure it out.
copy and paste this link to your adress bar and go. https://www.missingremote.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=1220&Itemid=224
then follow the instructions.
have you tried this one

http://blogmines.com/blog/2009/12/08/how-to-enable-remote-desktop-in-windows-7/
use a free online remote support site called turbo meeting I have used it a few times and it is way easy and you should be up and runnin in less then 5 minutos. cheers

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
techaliasgar Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 at 06:54 AM
"What do you mean by typing remote desktop connection name on other computer? Do you mean that both laptop and computer desktop are on same LAN and you are not able to connect it remotely? In that case, check remote configuration settings and use Microsoft RDP tool to establish remote session between same networks.

If on different network, you can try using various remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. to establish remote connection over internet.
"
"The client could not connect to the remote computer.
Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connection."

I am receiving this problem in my system.When I am trying to connect a system in lan

I enabled all the requirements.and that system is not busy.
Start- Allprograms-Accessories-communications-Remote desktop connection.

Will u please help me.....
Advance thanks.
C.Manojkumar
Thanks a lot
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 12, 2010 at 01:13 AM
well first and foremost of all the steps mentioned above, u first need to verify that ur compo from which u will access other comp via remote acess... well ur user account should have administrative privilages

also see to it that the host computer also has added ur user name as a computer who can administer hi comp remotely

to check out

right click my Computer
properties
then on remote tab
select the option "allow comp to connect rmotely

then on add users add ur user name

also on the remote tab
in the remote assitance colum on the advanced tab
select "allow this computer to b controlled remotely"

awaiting coments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai india
I have two identically configured systems. One worked w/ RDP the other would give "Remote Desktop Disconnected this computer can't connect to the remote computer...." I thought that the systems were configured identically but it appears that the Semantic endpoint protection on the non-working system was causing the problem.

If your running any antivirus/firewall software then as a test try disabling it to see if that is the cause.