Mouse and Keyboard (USB) failure

Closed
deify8711 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2010 - Mar 25, 2010 at 07:23 PM
 TC - Jun 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM
I have the same problem but the answers are not of any help. The problem is that the mouse and keyboard (and all USB ports) do not work once Windows boots. My computer (and many of the other users here) does NOT have PS2 ports so we cannot switch to non-usb keyboards, etc. It is not a BIOS issue because the USB keyboard and mouse work under legacy USB in BIOS as long as Windows doesn't load. Because they don't work in Windows, booting to SAFE mode doesn't work either. My keyboard and mouse (and other USB items) work fine when booting to a utility boot CD that isn't running Windows. In other words, there is no problem with the hardware or the BIOS - just the drivers in Windows.

I tried copying the USB driver files as outlined above using a USB floppy drive and a utility boot CD, but it makes no difference. I suspect my problem was caused by a power outage while doing system updates through the Windows Update site, but I really don't want to re-install as this is a RAID system and loading the drivers during install was a major hassle. If there is some other way to install the USB drivers into Windows I am wondering if that would work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

Hi
Were you able to solve the problem? Same situation here.. Pls help!
TC