Windows XP

Closed
Al - Mar 28, 2010 at 03:43 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 28, 2010 at 04:14 PM
I get a message when I turn on my computer that a file system 32 \config\system is missing or corrupt and it says that I can use the original disk to repair the same but the computer I got came pre installed with windows XP. Is there any way to get around this and repair the file.

Please help!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 28, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Hello Al,

You are talking about Windows XP but at the bottom of you message it says that that you configuration is Mac OS X?

My Windows was also pre installed, in the computer jargon they call it OEM for which Microsoft does not offer any support, you must get support from the company that built the computer, ie HP, Dell, etc.

My Windows is also HP OEM and came with something like seven disks which I have never tried.

It looks as if your registry is corrupt. How do you think it got that way?

I suggest that you take a gamble go to start, all programmes, accessories, tools, system restore. See if you can restore your system back to a date before the problem started, the date are in bold caracters.

This type of restoration is non-destructive and your will not lose any data.

In last resort you can see this Microsoft help page and try to use the first disk that the manufacturer probably included with your computer. If you do not have these disks, I would run to the store where you purchased your CPU and ask them for it.

I hope the above helped a little.

Sincerely