HP Pavilion dv6500 - fingerprint reader [Solved/Closed]

lili - Oct 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM - Latest reply: Ambucias 55044 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 22, 2018 Last seen
- Aug 9, 2010 at 04:40 PM
Hello,
My name is Liliana. I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook which comes with a fingerprint reader. When I first bought it it worked fine. Then my laptop had to be restored and I do not know if the fingerprint reader feature was deleted. I cannot find it in the section Programs in the Control Panel and I would like to know if there's a way to get it back to normal.
See more 

14 replies

Best answer
xpcman 19317 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateContributorStatus September 21, 2018 Last seen - Oct 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM
Thank you
HP only lists a fingerprint driver for Vista (AuthenTec Inc. AES2501 Fingerprint Driver) I hope that's what you have.

Follow this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...

Thank you, xpcman 14

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1884 users this month

Hello,
I have installed Fingerprint Driver but I dont know where to use it cos I cant find it on Control Panel
Hey my friend , your post is the only post that work in the whole internet posts, even from HP support, thank you somuch

Yasser , dv6000 , dv6732ee
Thank you
try this link it should work
Thank you
hi all... jst wondering is it possible to reset the finger print password?
Thank you
1st go to device manager(right click on my computer ,go to manage click,go to device manager)click + 'personal identification device' u ll c authen tech inc.... .right click on it,go to properties,go to driver,click Roll back driver.
the problem ll b cured.try this.
I found the software in the SWSetup folder in the sub-folder VSAM (Veri Soft Access Manager)
I CLICK THERE BUT THE ROLL BACK DRIVER IT IS NOT ACTIVATED YET NOW
Thank you
Don't bother trying to get this to work. I've had it working fine since installing Windows 7 on Oct 22, 2009, but this month an automatic Microsoft Update has blocked the program from running stating that the program is not compatible with Windows 7, now I have no way to get access to my passwords that were stored in the Access Manager Identity.

I've uninstalled all of the updates installed for the last 2 months and still cannot get it to work again, so the compabililty list must be something that gets updated in the background and cannot be uninstalled

Thanks a lot Microsoft!!!!!!
Thank you
Hi,
If your computer was reformated then who did it was too lazy to download all the software and drivers with firmware for your model...firstly you need to be more specific if you want me to help..there are hundreds of dv6500 models ..your corect model is under the laptopon top of the waranty label..should look like dv6520el or something like that...then you go put the model number in at this link....
afterwards you search under vista 32bit and look for fingerprint driver and download..then install wallaa..i hope this helps..
here is the link where you have to search your model...

cheers
Thank you
OK I have solved this. Back up your complete system and If You are running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on a dv6000 Delete all fingerprint reader software to date and install from scratch here below. Htere can be more then one driver so u have to remove it all the driver version I have is from Authen tec Inc. and dated 11/24/2009 driver version 2.0.0.18 I went and manuel had to ask for the updated driver in windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Software - Security
Version: 5.0.1.7 (8 Jun 2010)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/...
Ambucias 55044 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 22, 2018 Last seen - Aug 9, 2010 at 04:40 PM
Thank you Patrick. Because of you, we can closed this thread and mark it as solved
Thank you
hi to all, I have problem with the " hp mobile data protection driver" I cannot find the driver even in the hp official it did not work. my os is vista 4-bit
Thank you
Thank's