Keyboard and touchpad problem

Closed
Bester - Apr 3, 2010 at 03:59 PM
 Pointless816 - Jan 7, 2011 at 08:58 AM
Hey I use a laptop, and every time I press ANY key on my keyboard, the touchpad stops working for exactly 1 second before it starts working again. For some reason, this isn't a problem when I use a mouse. This is especially annoying when I try to play games that require me to press keys and use the touchpad at once and do not have a mouse to connect to the laptop. Any idea on how I can fix this problem?
Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 4, 2010 at 01:53 AM
Hi there,

Have you install the touchpad utility?If noy then install it so as to get it work well on your machine,use driver cd.

Thanks
I had to remove the Synaptics pointer driver to get rid of this behavior on my Gateway NV79. I don't know what the "touchpad utility" cloesup22 is referring to. I contacted Gateway and they claim this is intended behavior, even though it's clearly a buggy driver.
If you haven't solved it yet, the problem lies with the driver for your touchpad. Go to synaptics.com and download the driver direct from their site. Do NOT use the driver update from the control panel, as this will revert your driver to the faulty one you had before.