Problem in Laptop

Solved/Closed
zuber.k - May 10, 2010 at 02:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 10, 2010 at 02:58 PM
i was working on my laptop sudenly it becam off the when i open after some time it was loading late befor finnishing the loading the massage was coming

(widows could not start becouse the following file is missing or corrupt:
system 32/drivers/ntfs.sys
you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup
using the original setup cd-rom.
select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.)

this hole massage is comming when ever i m starting my lap top so what can i do for this problem
please explane me i m in need of this....

thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 10, 2010 at 02:58 PM
Missing or corrupt file

To restore a missing or corrupt ntfs.sys file you must have the Windows XP CD and follow the below steps.

1. Insert the Windows XP CD into the computer and restart the computer.
2. As the computer is starting make sure to press a key to boot from the CD.
3. In the Windows XP setup screen press the 'R' key to run the Windows Recovery Console.
4. If prompted enter the number of Windows installation you're repairing.
5. At the command prompt type the below command.

copy x:\i386\ntfs.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers

* In the above example you would replace x: with the letter of your CD-ROM drive. Many computers have the CD-ROM drive configured as the D: drive.

6. If ntfs.sys is still on the computer you'll be prompted if you wish to overwrite the file. If prompted, press the Y key for Yes to overwrite the file.
7. Once the file has been successfully copied remove the CD and reboot your computer.