Video files are not shown in powerpoint 2007 [Solved/Closed]

Wonderer - Nov 17, 2008 at 09:07 AM - Latest reply: Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 13, 2018
- Aug 25, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Hello, I recently held a presentation using the PowerPoint 2007 software. I had inserted a video file (.avi) captured from an unregistered Hypercam2.

It worked well on my computer, but when I plugged it in to the large broadcaster we have at school (like the ones in a cinema), then the video file just turned black when I tried to play it!

We heard the sound of the file, but no video were shown. I had inserted the .avi file to microsoft movie maker and publised it into a movie file ( .avi I think)

Could this be a technical problem with the broadcaster, or can I convert the video file into something that can be shown? (the video worked on the large screen when playing it I WMovie maker)

What should I do to prevent this happening again?
See more 

6 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Hello Sir.

I took the liberty to find a solution to your problem as I was trying to embedd an avi into Powerpoint 2007. Came to find out that AVI files don´t work on Powerpoint 2007 so here´s what I did: I converted the AVI file into an MPEG and reloaded it, after that it worked out just fine.

Download a FREE AVI to MPEG software application. I use Free FLV to AVI to MPEG converter version 1.6.

Good Luck.

Realwareman!

Thank you, Bucephalus 6

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1602 users this month

Thank -you so much I am working on a slide show for my little brothers sweet 16 and I couldnt for the life of my figure out why it wasent showing the picture and I was getting so mad at it. I had the same problem a few months ago when I made my classes senior slide show with getting songs to play thank u so much

Cassie k
@Bucephalus : thanks a ton .. was really helpfull
Thank you
btw, I used the same laptop while working and while holding the presantation, and the video files were in the same folders, so that is not the problem ;)
Thank you
Hi

From my experience the video should be in a mpeg2, wmv or avi format.
The other thing is that you have to make sure you have the proper codec on the other computer to play the video.
For example if you have an AVI video with a H.264 codec and you are able to play it on your computer. When you transfer it to the other comuter you have to make sure it has the H.264 codec.

I hope this helps
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 13, 2018
- Aug 25, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Hello Peter,

Thanks a lot and your input is appreciated.