Dell Vostro 1500 won't power on

Closed
S7oRMRaz3r - Jun 13, 2010 at 03:51 PM
 subhash - Jul 26, 2010 at 06:00 AM
Hello,
After wasting a hole day in research manuals and forums I wasn't able to find a solution for my problem.
So here is the problem - after a normal day of use I left the laptop alone turn on (as usual) but this time when I came back it was turned off and I never managed to turn it on again.
When I press the power button on it the only sing of life (if you can still say there is something living) is the blue power indicator on the side. (the power indicator stays on and the HDD blinks for a sec) The heat sick fan is not spinning but I can hear the HDD running.
I tried the Fn key + power but the only change is that the capital lock/num lk indicators light on for a sec. I also took the laptop apart and refit all the major components (CPU GPU new heat past / Clean of all the dust from fan and other components / Wireless / Ram / keyboard / HDD / DVDrom) but the worst part of it is that I didn't find anything burned fried or smelling like melted hardware.
So as you can imagine I am out of idea what mite be the problem. (P.S. power adapter works and so does the battery)
Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions what for what my next step should be. :-/

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2010 at 01:22 AM
Sounds like the power supply components on the motherboard. If you are lucky it may be a discrete board which can be replaced so I would refer to a repair guy or (preferably) Dell for help. Or you can take help from here...
http://www.iyogi.co.uk/dell/dell-laptop-repair.html and hopefully get solution from here.
I have the same problem on my Vostro 1500. I had it on for a couple of minutes and was in the middle of typing an email, then the system powered down. When I hit the start button, the blue power light on the side goes on for a second and then turns off. When I hold down the FN key it just makes the blue lights at the top blick, but nothing else changes.

Have you found a solution to the problem?

I have taken mine apart also and can't find anything that is damaged or looks like it is burnt out.
I had same problem. I shut down my laptop and packed in bag. After couple of hours I tried to start but all blue power lights on and in few seconds all off. After some try I press Power button and then press F8/LCD/CRT button and laptop has been start. I don't know what is reason but I got solution of my problem. Try if it can help you.