ASUS laptop does not power up

Solved/Closed
sarah - Updated on May 24, 2018 at 03:32 PM
 Frank - May 21, 2018 at 04:28 PM
Hello,

Hoping someone can help:

My ASUS A6403KM notebook does not power up. When I turn the power on the lights come on for quick second and then automatically shuts down. Ive tried taking the battery out and then turning on same thing happens. Ive also tried taking battery out and mains and pressing power button 3 times (as per ASUS support center advice) and replugging in mains power and still same problem. ASUS service centre suggested montherboard needs complete removal (he is 99% sure did not open the laptop or anything! - very pricy this option). Im hoping someone can offer some alternative advice on what they believe the cause is or how I can reticify the problem.

Thanks

Sarah
Related:

27 responses

I spent $180 and 3 visits to the computer shop. It seems to work lately if I remove the battery when I finish working after powering down. Then when I start start on mains power then plug in the battery. Occationally it still does not start but usually does after 2 or 3 attempts - thus looking at this chat. I may try blowing out the fan area as suggested - but it is always cool when I go to power up?
Hello,

It might because it has been dead or it can be the motherboard is dead or broken, really not sure what it iis
the best way to reset your laptop that may solve the problem is this:
remove the cmos battery at least 3 min. after you can put it back.
The hard part is..find where it is, is it soldered or just click in?
You might have to take the laptop apart to find.
koolen02 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 1
Nov 14, 2012 at 08:24 AM
maybe you have got battery problem or maybe your os is crashed. please if your battery is damaged than try a new battery.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dear you asus processor is not fixed in his place you should need to open the
asus laptop and fixed the processor this is the salution
if you need any help contect me
my id is
Email Id removed for security
thand you
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED DOING SOFTWARE ISSUES LIKE FORMAT BEFORE GOING TO SUCH TROUBLE OF REMOVING THE BATTERY AND SWITCHES... PLS DO TRY FIRST THE FORMAT SOLUTION IF NOT THEN DO THE MAJOR BATTERY AND SWITCH SOLUTION.. THANKS... I HOPE IT HELPS...
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED DOING SOFTWARE ISSUES LIKE FORMAT BEFORE GOING TO SUCH TROUBLE OF REMOVING THE BATTERY AND SWITCHES... PLS DO TRY FIRST THE FORMAT SOLUTION IF NOT THEN DO THE MAJOR BATTERY AND SWITCH SOLUTION.. THANKS... I HOPE IT HELPS....