Win7 and Xp cant share internet connection?

Closed
saeapp Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010 - Jun 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM
saeapp Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010 - Jun 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Hello,

First off...thank you to any and all who may post to this. I bought a new personal laptop 2 weeks ago that came with Windows 7 Home Premium. Love 7 and the functionality I have seen thus far, but am having issues with it playing fair :-)

None of these issues I am about to describe started to occur until I brought the 7 laptop home and connected it to my Linksys WRT54G v 6 (with latest firmware - made sure had latest firmware as I thought that may have solved issue). I have the Linksys set up with WPA Personal (broadcasting SSID, channel 6, etc., cloned my MAC address for the 7 machine).

I have no internet connection issues at all, when the Windows 7 machine is running alone. However, when I try to connect to the internet via my XP machine (work laptop), I get intermittent connection, or sometimes no connection at all. Often times it boots my W7 machine off as well.

Any idea what could be causing this? I have a read a few places and they mentioned disabling the HomeGroup Provider and Listener in services.msc, and I have done that, to no avail.

Thanks all!

Related:

2 responses

saeapp Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010
Jun 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM
UPDATE - did not update firmware correctly...didnt follow all steps :-)

Going to d so tonight and see if that works! Bought another routr today, just in case.
saeapp Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2010
Jun 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM
OK all...need some help please! :-)

I upgrade the firmware and followed every step to a tee. Even removed the network connection and reestablished via the LInksys CD. The Windows 7 machine is up and running wirelessly to the WRT54G router. Still having problems getting the XP Machine to receive info(Packets?) from internet. XP Machine recognizes and shows connection to router, but doesnt load pages. Please, any assistance would be great...this is driving me crazy!