Windows Xp Automatic Updates Not Working help

Closed
-
 DonB -
Hello,
I choose In The Automatic Updates To Update AutoMatically And Then I Saw The Update Icon In The System Tray, Suddenly It Dissapear, What is The Problem In My PC? Please Help And You Can Send Messages To My Email: Ghost_810810@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

4 replies

Had the same problem after updating on or around xmas... It's all malware dude. I tried all the internet gimmicks - None worked. Solution was simple: Scan your computer with an antivirus which support spyware, spam, rootkit etc.. (i used AVG security Center); then use (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) - it found about 30 malware on my machine. Erase malware found... Restart your computer!!! bang bang - my updates worked again... Note: Keep a working antivirus/spyware/spamware software which is updated regularly... WORKS
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Tuesday September 30, 2008
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2009
Click on the link below 4 more nfo on this problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555615
hey umm i was just wondering if u could help me out here so umm i saw the automatic updates icon was there and the next minute it was gone so i was just wondering wat should i do ??
run AVG and then download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from C-net and run that..... see if that helps.
> hadjiandbuck
Whatever this is it won't let me run malwarebytes, upgrade to internet explorer 8, upgrade microsoft and it redirects me to another page if I try to log onto the websites. Help. I downloaded Malware but it won't run.
The best answers for this kind of problem is to contact customer support service at the Microsoft because they're the ones who manufactured it.