No sound

Closed
kk - Jul 13, 2010 at 03:21 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 13, 2010 at 03:27 PM
Hello,

my computer will not play any sound (except for the beeping sound when i click something that dosnt work) i've gone to volume control and it makes the beeping noise and says to go to control pannel. i did this tried every step until it got to the BIOS. i have no idea what this is and where it is in my computer so i can't do this step. i would like to know were the BIOS is and why my computer won't play any sound( speakers plugged in and without the speakers plugged in) please help!!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jul 13, 2010 at 03:27 PM
It's not a BIOS issure.

Instructions
Things You'll Need:

* Driver and Application Recovery CDs
* Updated sound driver software

Check the Speaker Connections and Volume Control Settings

1. Step 1 Verify that the lack of sound is not due to faulty speaker connections. A simple way to test it is to substitute the speaker connection with headphones and see if you get any sound.

2. Step 2 Open the volume control window by clicking your "Start" button and then "All Programs." Click "Accessories," then "Entertainment," then "Volume Control." Alternatively, just click on the speaker icon that's in your System Tray.

3. Step 3 Check the volume and mute settings. If any of the mute check boxes have been checked, uncheck them. If this doesn't work, read on.

Perform a System Restore If Necessary

4. Step 1 If the sound has been audible from your computer's speakers and is suddenly lost, you may need to perform a System Restore. Click on the " Start" button and then "All Programs."

5. Step 2 Click on "Accessories," then "System Tools," then "System Restore."

6. Step 3 Complete the System Restore Wizard. If this doesn't work, read on.

Delete and Reinstall the Original Sound Drivers

7. Step 1 Deleting and reinstalling your sound driver may resolve the problem. Your sound driver may have been corrupted or may be missing. The result of this is that the restore utility menu won't be available. For Windows XP, follow these steps.

8. Step 2 Click on your "Start" button. Click on "Control Panel" and then "System." Next, click on "Hardware," then "Device Manager, then "Sound, Video and Game Controllers."

9. Step 3 Click on a sound device named in the Device Manager, and then press the Delete key on the keyboard. Click "OK" in the window that appears. Remove all the listed sound devices i this way EXCEPT Audio Codec and Legacy Audio Drivers.

10. Step 4 Restart your computer. Reinstall the deleted drivers using the Driver and Application Recovery CDs that came with your Windows XP system.

11. Step 5 Visit your computer manufacturer's official website. Check for any updated sound driver software for your sound card. If any, download them along with the installation instructions.