What virus cd should i get?

Closed
marcus - Jul 28, 2010 at 03:31 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 28, 2010 at 04:26 PM
Hello,
i was doing my hotmail and my mom asked for the computer so i gave it to her. when she got do she gave it back but not untill it had shutdown from over heating. i turned it back on and loged on and did a short scane for a virus just to be safe and right before it finished it shutdown on me. it did this i dont know how many times. untill it wouldn't let me log back on. so i hard shut it down and went in throw safe mode with internet. i got to log on and did a full system scan and why it was doing that i went online and got back on my email. i checked the scan to see if it was done but it had stopped hafe way and i thought it was still scaning so i went back to what i was doing and check back i dont know how many times and it was still like that so i tryed to cansel it but it would not clouse the window so i tryed to go back to what i was doing and couldn't get to it no mater how much i tryed clicking it. so i had shut it done did the same thing 3 times in a row and each time it did the same the would not let me x out of it of let me get back to what i was doing it wouldn't even let me do the start butten so i could shut it down. so i hard shut it down and turned it back on exsept this time i didn't even try to do a full system scane i got online and finished my email and when i was done i hard shut it down and told my mom that we might have a virus that will not let us scane for it so it can be deleted from the computer she called around and was told to leave it alone and take it in so some one could fix it. but the fist thing she did in the morning was turn it on and she says she did safe mode and she says she did not tuch nuthing on the key bord but i think she did. and a blanck screen with a (-) flashing in the top left corner and i did not find out about this untill i wock up and i've tryed everything that i could think of aperently the virus turned something of that has somethig to do with the hard drive and i forget what it said it was now we are low on incum and we cant afored to fix it right now but we can get a virus dileter on a cd and i need to know if there a virus cd out there that can work with out it haveing to be on safe mode or the raguler start up screen. but if have a better solution that does not involve buying a cd or having it get fixed. if not tell it to me strait. thank you.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 28, 2010 at 04:26 PM
Hello Marcus,

Rarely have I heard such a full account on this forum. So your mother said she did not touch the keyboard but you say she did. Is there any way you can get the truth out of her? Usually, mothers allways tell the truth. Let us believe her.

What I suggest for this instance is that you boot in safe mode with networking.

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Let me know how it worked.

Good luck