Win7 cannot access shares on WinXP computers

Closed
Gabinka - Jul 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 1, 2010 at 02:12 AM
Hello,

I have several computers. I have a domain controller (NT4). I have a WinXP Pro desktop and Vista laptop on the domain. I have a WinXP Home netbook on a workgroup with the same name as my domain. I have a Win 7 Home desktop on the same workgroup.

I can access shares on the domain computers from my netbook by typing in my domain\username and password when I need to connect. They open. I was even able to add my printer, shared from the WinXP Pro desktop

But when I try to do this on the Win 7, I can see the other 4 computers but when I try to browse any of them, it asks for credentials. I give a valid domain\username and password and it tells me it's incorrect each and EVERY time. It's driving me up the wall.

I don't really need to get to the netbook. Incidentally, I can get to the Win 7 machine's shares from the netbook and a domained WinXP machine (for testing). No problem logging in with credentials. But I can't do it in the other direction, which is the direction I really need to go in. I want to backup to a share on my XP laptop. BTW: I have the network on the Win 7 seet to Work network.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 1, 2010 at 02:12 AM
Hi there,

For the mentioned issue you can refer to the provided link below from Faq and use the instructions:

http://ccm.net/faq/5308-file-sharing-between-xp-and-vista

Thanks