I'm getting the Windows Live Messenger has stopped working error message. I've tried unistalling the program and reinstalling and the same error happens. My computer operating system is Vista. Could some one please help me with how to fix this?
For Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box and then press Enter on your keyboard.
For Windows XP: Click on Start -> click Run -> type regedit-> click OK
b. Click on the + sign of each of the items listed below to locate this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<Hash Number>
1. Click the [+] sign beside HKEY_CURRENT_USER
2. Scroll down and click the [+] sign beside Software
3. Scroll down and click the [+] sign beside Microsoft
4. Scroll down and click the [+] sign beside MSNMessenger
5. Scroll down and click the [+] sign beside PerPassportSettings
6. Check folders with Hash Number and locate "UTL" Reg_SZ key containing your email address. Delete it.
c. Close the Windows Registry Editor
Restart Windows Live Messenger and try to Sign-In
Important! Once signed in, make sure to change the Windows Live Messenger display picture to a different one than what you have set during the Crash