Inspiron 1525 blank screen after login

Closed
lenbear - Aug 14, 2010 at 04:26 PM
 lenbear - Aug 15, 2010 at 08:12 PM
Hello, I have a inspiron 1525. Just this past week I started the laptop and logged in. Once I logged in the screen went blank and I am not able to do anything. I do see and can move the curser. I have ran Diag. and all came back as pass. With the Dell operating system disk, I have tryed to run a restore from last good known start and it states that it is the same as the one on the laptop. I have gotten to a command prompt and pulled some documents. Any other thoughts to help fix this before a reload of the OS? Thanks for any help.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Hi,

Try this 1

Hold Ctrl and Shift keys and press "Esc" key. Task Manager will be opened.

Click on "File --->New" . Type regedt32 and click on OK.

Registry Editor will be opened and then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

at the right side, find the strings shell & userinit and check the following

shell value data should be
Explorer.exe

userinit value data should be
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

If shell and userinit are having different data values then change it as mentioned above

Just double click shell and userinit and enter the data values as

shell value data should be
Explorer.exe

userinit value data should b
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Note: there is "," at the end of userinit.exe

when you enter into normal mode scan ur pc with antivirus &

Download Malware's Anti-Malware from this link.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it and perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan"

Good Luck.
Tried this but was unable to get to task manager. Thanks for the help but still need HELP.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 15, 2010 at 05:07 PM
Hello,
Boot into safe mode and follow the steps.
Good Luck.
Tried Safe Mode, still no screen. The only time I can see the anything on the computer after logging in is with the install disk in the cd drive, boot from cd and go to a command prompt from the cd option and type notepad. I then was able to go to my user and was able to save thing in my documents. Thats it.