LAPTOP WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Closed
FUSTRATED - Dec 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 13, 2008 at 09:18 PM
Hello,
I have linksys wireless in my house. My laptop is connected wireless through the adapter card provided be linksys. my desktop is connected using the linksys wireless G USB network adapter. My desktop works great without any problems however I cannot get my laptop to connect to the internet. The linksys link information says that I have successfully connected to the access point and to the internet with a good signal. I go to internet explorer and try to access and it does seem like for a second that it is going to connect but then it says internet explorer cannot display the webpage. I have been trying to get it fixed for over a month but cannot figure out what is wrong. I figure that it is something simple that is not allowing it to connect but I am stumped. My system is a WPC54G. Has anyone had this same problem and can help me out. Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 13, 2008 at 09:18 PM
Is the laptop using VISTA?