Registers, that maybe blank gateway problem?

Closed
Quentarus - Aug 22, 2010 at 09:24 PM
 Quentarus - Aug 23, 2010 at 08:09 PM
Hello, My name is Quentarus, and i bought a laptop from a friend that has vista premium pack, but service pack 2 is not installed, and i have bee trying to fix this problem for years now for him, now my self. (by the way he his a childhood friend so i trust him with my life) and when talking to an HP rep. i noticed that my gateway was missing from ipconfig

i did some further research in this, and i noticed in my registration under the parameters section of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Inter faces\{GUID}

i noticed i had registers that were "DeadGWDecectDefault" and "DontAddDefaultGateWayDefault" are these suppose to be there? or not?
because if its these registers that are keeping me from connecting to the internet, should i remove them?

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 23, 2010 at 07:42 AM
Hi there,

Please give more information on the issue you are actually having with system,and as mentioned its a second hand machine,i guess you do not yet have any data on it and will advise to make a system recovery starting all as new,

Thanks
Alright, i will try to give a full diognosis of what happening. So i set my laptop to safe mode with prompt command, and i did the IP config commands and then i started getting actual access because during the safemode i was able to reset everything. I tried to put up the service updates then the internet crashed while it was updating, I had to reset it to try to get the internet to work. But the problem is the reset button was not working so i was forced to do a hard restart. but the internet was only connected to local. Then i went in and put the laptop on safemode network enabled, and it connects fine! So i was checking the router settings and those are fine. but in the end when i reset my computer and put it on normal. It doesnt work any more like before.
by the way I do hard line connections, not wireless