Usb ports and cd/dvd rom not working

Closed
boog204 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2010 - Aug 24, 2010 at 08:02 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 24, 2010 at 08:48 AM
Hello,

My computer, a Compaq f700 notebook, has been on the fritz for a while. I brought it in to a tech because it was freezing and overheating quite frequently. Since getting the computer back my USB ports are not recognized and my CD/DVD Rom is not working. In fact the CD/DVD Rom isn't even recognized in device manager. Does anyone know what's up? I would bring it back to the tech but it'll be $25 just for him to look at it and I'm hoping there's an easy fix.
Thanks for your time!
Brian

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 24, 2010 at 08:48 AM
Hi there,

Well as you mentioned there was an overheating issue and freezing also on laptop,to solve it laptop must be open and cleaned inside which has been done by the technician you left for repairs.So it may be he unplugged then and did not properly close the laptop and you should make him aware if this issue as when you left for repairs this was not included among the problems being faced and should be fixed by him without any charges,Trying to do it yourself is not a bad idea but I myself will advise to let the tech himself fix the issue just not to create more damages to system.For any other advise and help feel free to revert back.

Thanks