Internet Explorer shuts down on mouse move

Closed
maliusmaximus Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2010 - Aug 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM
 maliusmaximus - Nov 12, 2010 at 01:23 AM
Hello,

I use IE8 on Windows 7. This issue is related to Windows 7 or IE8 as it has occurred on every Windows 7/IE 8 computer I have used.
When browsing, IE8 often shuts down randomly, after I move the cursor quickly and perform a key operation (for example a mouse click or hotkey tab open "ctrl+click"). Since this has happened on many computers, I know the issue relates to a combination of movements and button clicks I am performing. I browse extremely quickly, so I'm never sure what is causing the shut down and cannot replicate the problem.
I do know that I'm not clicking on the "x" button, the problem occurs regardless of the cursor position on the screen.
Is anybody aware of any bugs or keystrokes that would cause this to occur, and whether there is an option in IE8 to always prompt before closing multiple tabs?
Thanks for your help
Related:

2 responses

I recently experienced this problem, using Windows 7 & IE7, I tried the following & it worked like magic...it also works on IE8 & Win XP, SP3..

1. go to the internet properties ( right-click on internet explorer icon, then select properties)

2. In the internet properties, you should see the following option tabs ontop: GENERAL - SECURITY - PRIVACY - CONTENT - CONNECTIONS - PROGRAMS - ADVANCED.

3. Click on the tab: ADVANCED

4. Once you are in the ADVANCED tab, look for the following tabs and click on them: RESTORE ADVANCED SETTINGS, then cclick on RESET (This will reset the Internet Explorer Settings)

5. Once it's done reseting, you can click on close, apply then ok.

Open your internet again...Hope this helps..
maliusmaximus
Nov 12, 2010 at 01:23 AM
Thanks for your help. I've just done this and I'll see if it works. I think it has to do with mouse clicks though, as the same problem also exsits with Microsoft Office on any computer that I use (If a document is opened it can sometimes be shut down again immediately after a quick mouse action.
Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2010 at 05:17 AM
Dear Sir,

It might be resulting from a virus or trojan. Please get confirmed about it. Yet there might be a possibility that you need to have your system repaired for there are some missing or corrupted files making it act up like this.

Thank you.
maliusmaximus
Sep 7, 2010 at 08:08 AM
Hi Mysterry. Thanks for your response, but its definitely not a virus or trojan. This happens on any Windows 7 machine I try. The 4 or so machines that myself and my partner own are all totally virus and trojan free and the problem is exactly the same on anybody elses computer. Looking forward to further advice.