I can only see wallpaper!

Closed
Sebastian - Sep 3, 2010 at 01:21 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 4, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Hello, some days ago I got a virus, and 2 anti virusses I didn't know I had popped up in my start menu, and it was total chaos. Every time I tried something to stop it, a bar popped up saying "Panda.exe is infected" or something like that, so I shut down the computer and now when I open again all I see is the wallpaper, and NO I cannot open explorer.exe, sfc /scannow does not work, and I CAN'T find where the system recovery tool is.
Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Some more info :
It seems that although the majority of my files are missing I seem to be able to run E-mail and Internet Explorer, although IE cannot visit any sites, it just comes up with a message that it cannot open the site.
Ironically, my E-mail can both send and retrieve messages.

I can also run diffrent games and programs with no lagg or problems at all.

I would love to see answers.
Thanks!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 3, 2010 at 05:06 PM
Hello Sabastian,

I find your problem very interesting, yet grotesque.

I have three questions for which the answers may help me to provide a solution.

1. What do you mean by two antiviruses?

2. Can you boot in safe mode with networking? and if you can...

3. Will IE take you to the resquested page?

Before you answer, please verify your internet options, lan connection and insure using a proxy for that connection is unchecked.

Catch you later, may be tomorrow.

Regards
1. Two FAKE anti-virusses popping up, I had not installed them, and when I tried to do anything they sent me to a pay site.

2. - 3. My internet does not work, I have checked all my internet options and I cannot find anything. IE simply just gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot go to the requested page" or whatever it says, but my E-mail works all fine.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 4, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Sebastian,

One answer is missing:

Can you boot in safe mode with networking and then access Internet? It is very important.