My computer does not reconize my creative mp3 [Solved/Closed]

kim - Dec 20, 2008 at 08:08 PM - Latest reply:  chocolate
- Feb 10, 2013 at 06:21 AM
Hello,
I have a Creative zen v plus 2mg mp3 player. It recentaly had a problem where it would not do anything,even when I reset it. I fixed it by taking the battery out and then putting it back in. To do this I had to take it apart. Now when I plugged it in to my computer the computer will not reconize it. I have tried over ten diffrent usb cabels and none of them will work. The usb cabels are fine because they work with other things. I cannot but music on it or charge it. It works expect for this so whats the problem. Is it my usb jack on the mp3 player or what ? Did my taking it apart mess it up? Please help me. I � my mp3 players so i'm very unhappy when it doesn't work :( :( :(
See more 

21 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I had an issue with a creative zen. try the following: Go to Control-panel->device manager. Click on 'portable devices' and the zen should be listed. It may well have a warning sign on. Right click and click 'Update driver software'. Click 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. There should be an option of 'mtp device' Click that and then click 'next'. That should reinstall the driver and your pc then pick up the zen device again.

Thank you, Bazza 104

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1615 users this month

Hi I've tried doing what you suggested. There was a question mark next to the Zen photo and I've tried searching as you describe and got nowhere......Wit's end!!!! several chunks of hair missing...and no cd!!! any ideas?
i wne to device manager it doesnt exactly say portable devices. does it have another name? ive been dealing with this for 3 months now.
Thanks for this pot, still fighting with the Zen in 2012 and this worked for me. Thanks.
it says This device cannot start. (Code 10)
you helped me out big, so many thanks
Thank you
Hello,

when I click on mtp device and update it, it says something like the system can not be started(code10)

what should I do?
hey did u ever find a way to overcome the (code 10) error???
Thank you
Manually selecting the mtp device as driver did the trick when my girlfriend's computer all of a sudden didn't recognize her Creative Zen mp3 player. You just helped me save her day, so thank you very much! ;-)
Thank you
Hey Bazza

I'm having the same problem as Kim and i've tried your suggestion but when I tried to reinstall the driver , it says access denied. And now I don't know what to do??
I'm using windows vista.
lifekcus
Registration date
Friday October 10, 2008
Last seen
March 19, 2009
- Dec 21, 2008 at 02:07 AM
Thank you
hi
i think you have wrongly connected your battery
if not so, then it might be that the setup has been lost.
Go to web site and download the latest updates and firmware
Thank you
Thanks, it worked, you saved me a lot of trouble, thanks again!
Thank you
OMG Bazza!!! thank u so much my zen works now woooooo!!
Thank you
Hey Bazza thx for your suggestion. It worked for me and whats more this was the first site I searched through to get my problem resolved and bingo I got the answer. Thanks again.

Cheer,
ABS
Thank you
you are the best, I always say, google knows all (if you know how to look and it's computer related) but without smart people who post their solution online google would be very dumb. Thanks for posting this!

i'm off to adding new sounds to my little jukebox!