Dell inspiron 1525 wifi problems

Closed
Liam - Oct 9, 2010 at 07:47 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 10, 2010 at 05:36 AM
Hello, I got a dell inspiron 1525 laptop for christmas last year, an the wifi worked fine up until March/April, then it completely stopped working, during that time we did change internet providers 3 times, it worked fine with the first 2 but hasnt worked properly since the 3rd one.

What happens is, the wifi connects to the wireless router then maybe half a minute later disconnects, no matter how many times i do it, it always disconnects. So to go on the internet i am having to connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the laptop

I don't think its anything to do with the internet provider or the modem because it connects fine for my brothers computer and my mums laptop

Its just my laptop that it doesn't connect to, So can someone help me out please because I seriously cannot stand this any more
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 10, 2010 at 05:36 AM
Hello,

Such a problem might be resulting from different issues, you should provide more details about it for appropriate help.

One of the most common issue is that the Dell wireless card is faulty and this is why it has stopped working.

For settling down with this particular problem, you will have remove the Dell WLAN utility from the start up and then get to update the driver from the official manufacturer's website.

You will be able to get it updated from the following provided link.

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R174292&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=236824