Problem with booting

Closed
gsta31 Posts 17 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 - Jan 1, 2009 at 02:27 AM
 Gopanuj - Jan 1, 2009 at 09:41 PM
Hi,
I have my computer since one year now and I got a problem yesterday. Last night, it just turned off even though I was not using it. I thought maybe it had over heated, and turned itself off since it remained on for a long time and had been running some graphics intensive games. So I let it off for a few hours and turned it on later; but the problem still remains.

I think that the power supply died. I get the green LED on my motherboard to stay lit when the power supply is switched on, and when I press the power button, some lights blink for a second, and some don't. The fan does not spin at all.

What other hardware problems could be causing this? Am I right to suspect the power supply?
Any help would be appreciated.

2 responses

meanpcs Posts 9 Registration date Monday October 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 3
Jan 1, 2009 at 04:22 AM
Hello,
Then problem may be due to these factors:
1 - Power supply
2 - bad rams
3 - video adapter
4 - Hard drive
5 - Motherboard
Check the power supply first! Also examine the motherboard for blown capacitors.
hi
first starts from the power supply .. remove the cable which is connected to the mother board . take a single jumper or a single stand wire . put that that on 14th and 16th pin of that cable ..if the fan spins then the SPMS is good.

check with the motherboard now . remove all the additional component like Graphics card and all. add only necessary component .like harddisk and RAM and LAN Card .. and start try to boot the system . if its works fine then your mother board is good.

Please check and confirm me.