Audio Output Device prob [Solved/Closed]

Supra1880 - Dec 29, 2010 at 05:15 PM - Latest reply: Ambucias 55026 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 21, 2018 Last seen
- Dec 30, 2010 at 05:59 AM
Hello,
I recently change my graphic card.I had an integrated graphic card and my sound used to work fine but when I changed it,it says that no audio output device is installed.
Plz help me!!!!
See more 

6 replies

Ambucias 55026 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 21, 2018 Last seen - Dec 29, 2010 at 05:31 PM
Thank you
Greetings,

So I would certainly need more info. What graphic card did you have? Make and model? What graphic card did you put in ? (Make and model) Where did you buy it from ?

I assume that you do not have a sound card!

What is your OS?

What is your machine's make and model?

I am signing out now but I will look for your answer in the morning.

Regards

P.S. I detected a Canadian accent?
Hi,
I have an Hp Pavilion a1740n.I don t know which graphic card it has but it is an integrated graphic card.The new graphic is an ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4550.I bought it on Newegg

Here is the link
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150483

My OS is windows vista home premium

and I am Canadian.....
Thank you
Ambucias 55026 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 21, 2018 Last seen - Dec 30, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Thank you
Hello

First, please apply this Microsoft Fix and tell me if you regained your sound.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...
Hi,
I fixed the prob without needing to download anything.I just had to go to the boot many change some stuff.Thank you for you assist

Peace
boot menu*
Ambucias 55026 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date September 21, 2018 Last seen - Dec 30, 2010 at 05:59 AM
Thank you
I forgot...

in addition to the above,

1.Make sure you have powered speakers or headphones and that you plug your speakers into the correct ports on the PC. Passive speakers (speakers without a power source) will not work well on PCs running Vista.

2.Check all volume and mute settings because there is more than one volume control. Start by making sure the volume knob on the monitor or speakers is turned up, and then set the volume in Windows.

3.Make sure the speakers or connection you want to use are selected as the "default" playback device in the Windows Sound Properties.

4.Check Device Manager to see if your sound device is enabled and working properly. Re-enable the device as necessary and update the driver while still in Device Manager.

5.Use HP Application Recovery to re-install the original driver that came with the PC and was designed for your hardware.

6.Use HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools to test the hardware and software for failures.