No audio output device is installed acer

Closed
jim - Apr 26, 2011 at 12:05 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 27, 2011 at 02:42 PM
hello, im jim. I have an acer laptop: acer 4520, windows 7. my laptop is probably old to have a windows 7 as its os. well let me tell you the problem.
when I installed windows 7 to my laptop, with all my drivers installed too, there was no problem. sound and everything was ok. until such time that when I turned on my laptop, I hear no sounds anymore. I started to solve this problem by re-installing the sound driver(realtek audio high definition). after re-installing it, still the same problem occured saying "no audio output device is installed" on the sound icon on the taskbar.
a day after I tried to turned on my laptop, and whooosoo it has its sound again!. happy for that until I restarted it,, booooom.. again its lost. the same problem appeared. its like an "on and off" because it comes and dissappears! T_T
i had a hard time formatting, installing back windows 7(did it almost 5 times!) but the problem would still be there.
i wish u could help me with this,, ill be very glad if u could share ideas
sorry for my bad english ^^V
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 27, 2011 at 02:42 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Click on the below link and download it

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/3/8434D53F-DE53-4BFB-AFF1-8520E26A87D3/MicrosoftFixit50131.msi

Double-click on it and follow the instructions.

2) If the problem still exists then download the "Chipset" and "Audio" drivers

from the manufacture's website. Install the "Chipset" drivers first and then

"Audio" drivers.

If the problem still exists then update your BIOS.

Good Luck