Touchpad device on netbook is not working.

Closed
John - Feb 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 6, 2011 at 05:45 AM
Hello, saviors

So I torrented these shady files from isohunt

https://www.mpaa.org/watch-it-legally?tab=summary

For a game thats really not all that good. After about seven minutes of playing the game, it froze up and made that repeating electronic breakage sound that scared the hell out of me. So i held down the power button on my netbook until it shut off. When i turned it back on, the touchpad and right click and left click buttons would not work. The keyboard and everything else did, including the usb mouse im forced to use now.

I tried rolling back the update drivers for it. please give me some help here.

the device is 'Synaptics Touchpad V7.2 on ps/2 port'

I am ignorant when it comes to computers. please help.

2 responses

XevenSecond Posts 40 Registration date Sunday November 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2011 5
Feb 6, 2011 at 12:46 AM
ahhhh try this im happy to help im a technician of computer try to install the all drivers of your computer if your laptop is new they have a disk for windows and driver of your motherboard try to use cd of your laptop tnx i hope i can help you................please try
With all due respect, is english your first language?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 6, 2011 at 05:45 AM
XevenSecond

You message is confusing and I don't know what you mean at all.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 6, 2011 at 05:44 AM
Hello John,

I looked at the torrent files and I find them very suspicious, in any torrent downloads, a good number are infected.

Playing a game should not disable hardware.

Before attempting any repair or driver manipulation, I strongly recommend that you scan for viruses.

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

Good luck