My ipod wont turn on

Solved/Closed
someone - Jan 6, 2009 at 07:46 PM
 khkm - Nov 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I havent used my ipod in a long time and when I try and turn it on now it does nothing and I left plugged into the computer over night thinking it would charge but it still does nothing. what should I do to get it on again?

59 responses

Thats strange, Mine has just gone down too, Hope its not programe to just stop at a set date.
Mine does the same thing I think Im going to take it to apple.
good luck.
i will tell u what to do hun.
You got to throw it in de bin
My ipod nano was completely shutdown, black screen. I charged it overnight and the next day still nothing. What I did was press down and hold the middle button and the menu button at the same time and after about 10 seconds it came back on. Hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i ipod did this 2 try to hold the menu and the circal button for 6-10 secons at the same time.if that does not work then plug it in ur pc and open ituns and renew the software on the ipod. I do hope this helps for every 1 good luck
take ur ipod to an apple store!
there one in EVERY mall
if its that bad they'll prob give you a refund
it really not that hard to figure out
(mine works fine ha!)
Hey Zombiman! This worked for me. I left my ipod charging overnight and when I woke up I got the white screen. I freaked out. Thank you for this tip! You are a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The way I did it is: I had my ipod connected to my computer and I pressed the critical button and the menu button simultaneously* and.... after 6-10 seconds BAM!!! iT WORKED LIKE A CHARM IN THE FIRST SHOT!
@Zombieman95 thnx alot advice worked. . .
Zobiemann!! YOur a life saver! My ipod was blanking out and turning white and black and going crazyyy!
Thankyou!!
thanks it worked
hi well my ipod touch turned off because it was done so it needed it to be charged and then a few mins. it went to the screan where it has the charger and then i-tunes and now I wont work but it say I need to unlock it but I cant cause it cant go to the regalure setting its just black and the screen please email me I need help>!!!!!!!!!!!
hi very sorry for late reply um I got some help from apple.com on reseting an ipod touch so this should work

turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

i think that will solve all your problems just like reseting ipod nano
if all that did not work try updating itunes to 8.2 sometimes that works
but the above solution will work

bye.
Zack > Halfun1995
Aug 3, 2009 at 08:37 AM
Hi there,

My I pod has a distorted screen image. I have restarted my Ipod and restored it.

The screen looks the same, it had not been corrected.

I have almost done everything.

Can you suggests anything else I should attempt?

thanks
hi your ipod is most likely got a faulty screen you should go to an apple store and they will help
if you have a warrenty they will give you a reduction on a replacement I got 70 dollars off

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AT EMail Id removed for security
baptizedbyfire
Jun 22, 2009 at 08:55 PM
As the original post stated ; "I haven't turned my I pod on in a while, now it won't turn on at all."
I know that a few may contend to this fact, but the average life expectancy of a well used nano 2nd battery is one to two years before it has to be replaced. You may have noticed that over time your ipod play time has become shorter as your battery holds less of a charge. Or, in this case, you haven't used your ipod in a long while, it won't turn on or take a charge. If you don't use your ipod for a while (especially without charging it before storage) the cells within the battery take on a "memory" or have already began to break down. I have made a small fortune buying ipods on ebay, repairing them, and then reselling them. Sure, the occasional click wheel or hard drive failure may happen. However, 72% percent of the time when the screen doesn't light up, there is not enough juice in the battery. Whether you have a persistent dark Apple icon or a brief bright sad face, it's better to start with the cheapest and easiest thing to fix, the battery. I have had both these icons pop up as well as the weird gameboy effects or no screen activity at all. The battery was the culprit, except for one instance when the screen actually worked on one, but the back light was shot. With a little "know-how", you can go on ebay, buy a decent OEM spec battery for less then 10 bucks and replace it yourself. If you know your way around a soldering iron, this should be a cinch. If you do not know how to solder, its fun and a great skill to have. Youtube some soldering techniques and get busy!
alexsandrag5 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 8, 2009
Jul 8, 2009 at 05:41 AM
Okay...umm My songs got deleted when I plugged my ipod into my computer so I can put new songs into my ipod so instead it deleted all my songs!!!Now they dont even want to go back in my ipod!i dont know what to do..help me please:(
hi I am sorry that your songs got deleted
if your ipod comes up in your computer go to music when on the ipod in itunes and set it to sync all libarary
if you have songs in the music libaray
and is the ipod working now

my email is Email Id removed for security
omg thanks for all your help u guys r lifesavers u see I cant live w out my ipod and yup it works now ^^
it froze for 2 days and now it works thanks :D
hold power button and home button for 10 seconds and reboot it. I had to do this a few times to mine.
my ipod would not turn on. Nothing can be seen on the screen.
maybe u need to charge it..
who ever u want me to be
Feb 9, 2010 at 04:44 PM
the apple sign comes up but it dose not lode please help!!