I havent used my ipod in a long time and when I try and turn it on now it does nothing and I left plugged into the computer over night thinking it would charge but it still does nothing. what should I do to get it on again?
I had the exact same thing happen to me. It was quite upsetting, especially after just been given it as a present. I googled it, this it what I found and it works!!!
Checklist to see if your iPod needs a reboot:
. Your iPod is charged.
*If not, you might have to plug in your iPod, and make sure the computer can't go to sleep while it's charging. The iPod won't charge if the iPod is locked, so no orange.
Charging your iPod problem solution, that also works.
* Your iPod might need to completely drain in battery source before you can charge it. If that's the case, leave the iPod unplugged for 24 hours before trying to charge it. That will make sure the power is drained and your iPod is ready to be charged.
2. Your iPod is unlocked. Slide the button back and fourth a couple of times, just to make sure it's working.
3. And your iPod still has a black screen, frozen logo, or white screen.
Rebooting your iPod.
1. Run a cold boot (shut your computer down, then turn it back on) on your computer. * If your iPod crashed because of the software freezing, or the computer crashed.
2. Open your Apple Software.
3. Plug in your iPod. Make sure that you plug in your iPod into your computer, and that the plugs are secure. Your computer should detect your iPod, black screen or not.
4. Set down the iPod. Take your iPod and put it on a flat surface.
5. Press firmly. Take your fingers, and firmly press the middle button, and the menu button. It will read menu on the top button of the click wheel, and the center circle of your click wheel is what your looking for.
* Make sure your fingers are planted on the top of the center button, close to the menu button, and you are pressing it together.
6. Count to 8.
Now you should see an Apple logo pop up on your iPod screen.
Sometimes you need to try it a few times, to get it to work.
It should be synchronizing and happily you should be on your way.
*You also can reboot your iPod without it being plugged into the computer, I always do mine while it's plugged in.
I had to erease all the dta on mines and put the music and everything back on, im actually typing it now whilst its doing it, so pleased I found this! It all back to normal now :D:D:D:D:D:D
HI my ipod is a nano yellow 16gb 4th gen and I think I may have slept on it anyway it now has this wierd condesation under the screen and it will not reset or charge or turn on this happened to me when I was on holiday in india but for no reason I left it for 24 hours and it worked but with low battery no explenation though ipods are odd like that
so I am now going to wait 24 hours and see although I was wondering do you think the condensation has ruined the ipod I think some air may have got in to it I left it for 30 mins it had gone but now when I press the menu and the center button the screen gets condensation so I think I will just leave it for a couple of days and if that doesn't work I will take it in to a apple store as it is only 6 months old
When I powered my iPod off it would not turn back on. I followed the hold down the button on top and the menu button as on post suggested and I am able to get my iPoddy back on. You are my hero thanks. I think this was great. I love my iPod so much and I am happy to see it turn on again. You dont even know, my Ipod is special because my Husband won it for me at his former job. I will prolly have it even after the thing is obsolete and they sunsent them. SO thank you very much.
OhMyGosh! Thank-you sooooo much. My best friend's iPod was being mental. And doing the same thing.
We held those buttons and nothing happened. Then a couple seconds later we looked at it again and it was on.
Thank you so much I thought that my itouch would never turn on, but I never would have tried what you showed use. Once again thank you I will always try that solution, and hopefully never have a problem with my itouch again, and if I do I will always check this wbsite.