Toshiba Satellite completely blank HELP!!!!!!

Closed
kaseykaye - Feb 15, 2011 at 02:49 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Hello,

My toshiba satellite is going to casue me to have a nervous breakdown!!! It will not start up completely, when the computer is turned on it goes to the toshiba screen that has the boot manager and utility setup, now the screen after that is completely blank except for the top left hand corner that has a weird symbol that look likes two upside down capital L's one smaller than the other fitting into one another and of course the blinking cursor following. I am stumped and have no idea what to do or where to start I have never encountered anything like this please,please,please someone HELP ME!!!

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Go to BIOS --> Load default settings --> Set "Hard disk" as first boot device --> Save the settings and exit from BIOS. If the problem still exists then most the laptops will have option to perform hard disk test. Just go to BIOS once again, then look for such option like "hard disk test or disk test " and run the disk test.
Good Luck