Toshiba Why wont my laptop turn on

Closed
zie - Mar 7, 2011 at 04:18 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 25, 2011 at 04:42 AM
i tried this trick
"*Take out the battery,
*Remove main supply,
*Hold power button down for 30 secs,
*Put only power supply in, do not put battery in
*Turn laptop on
*Put the battery in."

but all that happened was my screen flickered. i got excited thinking OMG this actually works, but it didn't. usually the word TOSHIBA pops up right away and i am stoked but this time it seems my laptop hates me and is done with me. How do i fix this pleaaase heeelppp
Related:

7 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 7, 2011 at 04:44 PM
Greetings Zie,

I whole hearthedly agree with you. Your laptop hates you!:-)

You have a Toshiba and what you did is part of the procedure to recover the system is this what you wish to do?
Yes! I mean, it has done this to me a few times before.. and usually leaving it for an hour unplugged and taking out the battery then putting it back in works but apparently not anymore! :(
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 22, 2011 at 06:08 AM
Hello Zie

I'am sorry for the late reply because yours was not highlighted in my messages, and Sask is so far away.

Did you find a solution?

What is you OS?
Hello! and no i didn't. i tried turning it on again a few days ago and it still didn't work.
What do you mean my OS?
Mar 22, 2011 at 04:23 PM
OS means operating system. Windows Vista, XP or 7 or...

Is your fan running?
RIGHT, sorry! Windows XP. And the fan turns on for a few seconds then shuts off and nothing happens.
Mar 23, 2011 at 05:16 AM
Oh! Oh!

This a much more serious problem then I thought.

When the fan does not run or ceases to run it indicates a circuit problem and most likely that the motherboard is toasted!

Has your warranty expired? How long have had this laptop?

Sorry for the bad news.

P.S. Do you know Raymore Sask, 100 km north of the Capital?
Shit! i thought that might be it.. Damnit.

I have had this laptop for.. i don't really know. few years? my dad bought it in manitoba. And yes, i do know where Raymore SK is.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Mar 23, 2011 at 02:04 PM
Hello Ambucias,

Let me make my contribution if the problem is not fixed yet.

Zie, try this:

Go to BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck.
Mar 23, 2011 at 03:41 PM
Hello,

There is Bionik with his grain of salt again.

However, Zie it's really a worthy advice from Bionik.

Bionik, how do you go to Bios again?

Regards

P.S. I taught at Raymore High for a year.
Anonymous User
Mar 23, 2011 at 03:53 PM
Hi My Dear,

Yes again me with my grain of salt ;-)

To access to the BIOS, you swith on your laptop and at the appearance of your motherboard's brand name (Toshiba for you), you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen. It can be F1, F2 or DEL, it depends of your Bios suppliers.
I can't get to even the TOSHIBA screen. i know EXACTLY what you're talking about, i wish i could get that to work.. damn
Mar 25, 2011 at 04:42 AM
Hi Zie,

I wish I could ressucitate your lap.

Let's try one more thing, just to see.

If you can open the lap's belly, give it a good compressed air cleaning to get the prairie dust out of it. Then apply the solution that you tried at first but old down the button for 60 seconds, just to ensure there is not static.

If you have a failure

If you can get to your Ram sticks, remove one stick at a time a start, just in case we have a memory problem. Make sure you always have a stick in the primary slot.