Sound not working

Closed
Alli - Mar 11, 2011 at 09:23 PM
 Sean - Mar 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Hello,

i have an hp mini and my sound was working fine and i pluged speakers in. after i was done using them i tried using just my regular computer and it said a device was being used and i dont have sound at all now even with speakers and i cant find where to turn off the output device. i try to deactivate the headphones ands speakers and it just makes me enable them again?

Related:

1 response

A lot of computers have a program that manages the sounds that go in and out. In the bottom right of your screen, look for a little symbol that looks like a sound symbol or a small speaker and double click it. Hopefully its there and it will open up your sound manager where you can manage what your computer thinks its doing with the sound. If this doesn't work, go into your computer's "control panel" through the start button at the bottom left. After you're there, look for the hardware manager. Once you're in that, you can take a look at whether or not your speakers and your headphones show up at all. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but if you can find this stuff you'll probably be able to fingure out whats doing what.
Hope this helps.