My ipod will not sync or charge

Closed
singergirl18 - Mar 28, 2011 at 02:46 PM
 singergirl18 - Mar 28, 2011 at 08:03 PM
Hello,

I just recently got a a laptop because my desktop computer crashed. I lost my itunes when it happened. So when i got my laptop I downloaded itunes and hooked my ipod up to it to sync it with my new itunes and nothing happened. It would only charge it. I searched and searched for the problem and I found out that I have to have the white usb cable that comes with your ipod for it to sync. So i bought one of the apple site. It just came in today and the new usb cable will not sync or charge my ipod. I've already tried to reset my ipod and put it in disk mode and still get nothing. I've tried to go to device manager and see where it says ipod in there and it doesnt say ipod nowhere. Ive already tried uninstalling itunes and reinstalling and that didnt help either. Please help me if you can.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 28, 2011 at 07:25 PM
It sounds like the USB port is not working. Can you return the laptop? Or take it to the store and get them to test it?
Well my old usb cable that i bought would charge my ipod when i hooked it up to my laptop. It just would not sync. So i bought a new one from the apple site and it will not sync or charge or show up in my computer. My brother has a ipod mini and his works just fine with my laptop. So I dont think it's my laptop. The only thing I can think of is the usb I bought just doesnt work. It doesnt even work on my mom's laptop either. It does the same thing. It doesnt sync or charge.
Oh and I have a ipod nano 3rd generation.