'Realtek AC97 Sound isn't working!

Solved/Closed
Yorkie59 - Jan 9, 2009 at 05:19 PM
 spinac;es - Jun 26, 2010 at 04:18 PM
Hello,
My sound was working fine to begin with, I wanted to get my mic working so I changed around the sound settings to get it working, sound was fine, and my mic work fine. However I can't remember when but my sound has just disapeared, I don't seem to have any sound anymore. I have checked the sound settings thousands of times, none on mute, all set to my laptop 'Realtek AC97 Audio' etc yet no success. When I restart my laptop it makes the beep when it boots up so it isn't to do with my speakers, its my settings. I think I know what the problem is, but im not sure what to do. When I was changing the settings around I changed 'Sound Scheme' I now have 'Windows default', 'Sound scheme' and 'no sound' in the drop down bar. Im quite certain its because I lost my original scheme. Any suggesstions on what I can do?

Thanks,

Yorkie59
Related:

4 responses

retlaw13 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2009 50
Jan 10, 2009 at 03:51 AM
hi this happens to me all the time and I dont know why but I just go into start ,controll panel ,system hardware device manager ,sound video and game controllers ,hit the plus sign and than I hit the sound drivers comboright click than update drivers install from list ,than check dont search I will choses than hit next and in this box should be your drivers high light them and hit next that should do it hit finish and u shouldnt have to restart good luck hope it works for you MATT
Heya,
Yea that fixed it, thanks a million buddy :)
Omg! Thank you so much! Thanks to you I have my sound back! It was simple and easy! Im only 12 so even for me it was eeasy! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

-Madison Butler
kanewindle > Madison B.
Apr 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM
sound isnt working but I dont know why its isnt working
kane windle
Omg dude Your Genius, Thanks Man....!
i got confused after control panel lool , and an 12 year old can do it, all I got is Appearence Themes, Printers and other hardware, internet and other connexions, user accounts, aadd remove programes, date time regional options sounds speach and audio devies accesibility options, performance and maintence and security? I haven't got a clue, help pleease
free4pc Posts 18 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 13
Jan 10, 2009 at 03:23 AM
hi,
where it's written "sound scheme", just leave it blank!
if this does not solve the problem, you can perfom a system restore.
Thankyou so much my sound is working now!!!!!!
lizzle bizzle. ;)
Mar 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM
YESSSSSSSSSS THANKYOU my sound is working nooww! :)
YESSSS