My laptop freezes when i turn it on...help!!! [Solved/Closed]

abc - Apr 25, 2011 at 03:10 PM - Latest reply:  Phontayne
- Mar 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM
Hello,

i have bought a sony laptop last year. It is so strange , somehow the desktop screen will freeze occasionally when I turn my computer on or sometime it even freezes when it is already working for a few hours. Whenever it freezes , I have to make a hard boot, and I heard of that hard boot really hurts a computer. What can I do? Thank you.

See more 

16 replies

Thank you
After changing the setting,I found that the battery status at the right bottom corner is missing, I cant see how much battery left. What can I do
Thank you
somebody can help me out? thx
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - May 2, 2011 at 05:45 PM
Hi ABC,

I don't think that you'll be able to see the status of your battery because it is disable. If you enable it, you'll have always your freezing problem. So you have to choose between freezing or battery!

Sorry, I don't see another solution.
but if it is disable , then how can my computer be operated?And I think it is only one battery that I have been using, are there many batteries inside my laptop?
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - May 4, 2011 at 02:13 AM
Hello,

Disable this option does not mean that you will not use the battery. I myself made ??the manipulation and I'm in the same situation as you since I had this same problem.

The computer will always continue to use the battery, but if this situation does not suit you, you can always redo the manipulation to reappear your battery but your freezing problems will certainly come back.
is yours a laptop? Actually, I have encountered this problem since I have just purchases my laptop. I misunderstood it is because of its bad quality. Anyway, it seems to be solved. I am very grateful. Thx.
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Apr 25, 2011 at 04:04 PM
Thank you
Hi,

Try this and see if the problem still exist:

Start in Safe Mode. Open Device Manager and expand Batteries.
Disable the entry "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery".
Close and restart notebook in normal mode.

Good Luck!
Thank you
thx for suggestions, let me try.
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Apr 25, 2011 at 05:03 PM
ok, let me know!
I just took the battery out and waited a minute and it worked
Thank you
it looks fine temporarily, I hope it works, thank you so much.
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Apr 25, 2011 at 05:13 PM
Happy to hear that it work again, do not hesitate to contact me if you encounter other problems.
how can I contact you? post a topic here? Thx.
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Apr 25, 2011 at 05:27 PM
Yes, just continue to write on this thread if your encounter other problems even the issue is totally solved.

Regards!
I will, thank you.